Private tailor made tours of Morocco
From a 3-day escapade to a 16-day comprehensive itinerary. There is hardly a country more diverse in landscapes, dialects and local traditions. If Morocco is a canvas, the strokes are Arab, Jewish, Berber, Bedouin, African and European. Morocco is above all an assault on your senses. It's not world-class museums. Or x thousand years of history. Here, nights smell of cinnamon. Here, what looks like a crumbling house from outside turns out to be a pasha's palace once you stepped inside. Here, on the back of a camel across the saffron dunes, time expands. Our private Morocco tours achieve that fine balance between activity and rest, simplicity and grandeur, order and spontaneity. Trek the Atlas Mountains or bake bread with the ladies in the village oven. Have tea with the nomads and splurge in a palatial suite of a riad. Let us arrange a private small plane flight to the Sahara and surprise your loved one with a picnic lunch on the peak of a dune. The itineraries below are mere examples of what you can experience and the list is by no means exhaustive. We spend all year round travelling across Morocco, trying and testing new things. Only so that we are able to customize your tour to you and you only. We'll listen to your ideas and share our local knowledge. But first, see what startles your imagination. Then contact us and let us create something you'll remember for the years to come.
Marrakech to Fez via Sahara4 days
Visiting Morocco and short on time ? Then spend one night in the Sahara desert and uncover the two most essential imperial cities in Morocco. This is also ideal for those of you who fly into Marrakech and fly out of Fez ( or vice versa). The journey can be done over 2 nights and 3 days but we recommend taking at least 3 nights and 4 days so you can enjoy all there is to do and see along the way.Explore
Caravans Dust4 - 6 days
he itinerary follows the old caravan route from Marrakech into the Sahara's dunes, returning via an off the beaten track route over the majestic Atlas Mountains or by the Atlantic coast via Agadir or Essaouira. No other tour packs so much..Explore
Honeymoon In MoroccoSahara romance
Honeymoon and romantic getaways: Morocco is the ideal destination. Why ? Riads straight out of 1001 nights. A small plane ride to land you next to the Sahara. Tea with the nomads. A lunch on top of the dunes just you, your loved one and your private butler. Village markets and secret kasbahs. Romance and local culture- that's our idea of a Morocco honyemoon.Explore
Desert and Roses4 - 5 days
The extravagant ruined palace at Telouet -- postcard like UNESCO world site Ait Benhaddou – Dades Gorge and Rose Valley – the 300 meters high Todra Gorges -- ruined Kasbahs and lush palm groves – camel trek into the dunes of Erg Chebbi – sleep in the Sahara – prehistoric rock carvings at Tazzarine -- century old traditions and crafts - bread baking in a village stove - Berber granaries and nomad grottoes - all part of this 4x4 Morocco tour.Explore
Feathers, Ivory and Gold8 - 10 days
Centuries ago, caravans laden with gold, ivory and feathers were delivering their loads at the sultan’s palace in Marrakech and Fes after weeks of crossing the Sahara. This Morocco tour follows some of the ancient route but before that, we start off with Casablanca and Rabat to then witness the splendor of the Roman heritage at Volubilis. After a stop in Fez, we cross MiddleExplore
Lost Kingdoms8- 10 days
We follow the old caravan route from Marrakech over the High Atlas mountains, past UNESCO world site Ait Benhaddou, along the Draa river with its Biblical villages and lush palm grove and into the Sahara desert. After riding a camel and having dinner under the stars,.Explore
Land Of The Setting Sun10- 12 days
'Al Maghrib al-Aqsa’ - the land of the setting sun, Morocco was once known as a legendary land perched on the corner of Africa, where the known world would end. This journey through Morocco visits its 4 imperial cities: Marrakech, Fez, Meknes and Rabat along with stunning landscapes and wild nature, the Atlantic and the Sahara's ocean of sand Witness the splendor of Roman epoch at Volubilis.Explore
Salt and all that glitters13 - 16 days
The itinerary picks up the ancient caravan route (this side of Sahara) after stopping in Marrakech and Fez, the most fascinating imperial cities. It also entails a 5 hour drive across the Sahara. It reaches Taroudant, the ‘little Marrakech’, to then follow the Atlantic coast along..Explore
Private behind- locked- doors visit of a medina with a local university teacher. Tea with the nomads on the deserted plateaus of the Anti- Atlas. Private four- seat plane flight over the snowy peaks of 4000- meter high peaks to land next to the dunes of the Sahara. A night in your own private Bedouin tent, immersed in a silence so thick you could cut a strip through it. Bronze- Age rock engravings and eight- century old Berber igoudars, unreachable fortresses where each village family continues to stock their barley and wheat. A tour of the most interesting art galleries in Marrakech with a local artist. Walk through a palm grove and learn about the ingenious khettara irrigation system. Help squeeze olives into oil. At Sun Trails, we don’t just create private 4x4 tailor- made tours of Morocco. We exceed expectations. We craft one- of- a- kind Morocco travel experiences. So that Morocco travels within you long after you returned home.
- When to visit Morocco and travel around ? Update 26.03.2021: Presently, there are no Morocco travel bans in place from the US. Those flying to Morocco are asked to present a printed 72 hour PCR test when embarking and upon arrival at the airport in Morocco together with a travel…
Morocco - best time to visit ?
- Sahara luxury camp- it this the way to experience Morocco's desert ? What is it that draws us to the immensity of the dunes ? The oceans of sand. Where does it spark from, this longing to gaze at wave after wave of sand disappearing on the horizon?... All else…
Morocco desert experience
- What to do and see when spending a few days in Marrakech. We’ve been designing travel experiences around Morocco since 2008, from our offices in Marrakech. With the rise in numbers of online ‘ lifestyle travel designers’ with ‘expert advice’ on Marrakech, we needed to sift the wheat from the…
6 things to do in and around Marrakech
- On-the-ground luxury Morocco travel specialists creating more than customized private tours of Morocco. Not someone from an office in London or New York outsourcing their tours to local agencies in Morocco. Our team is made up of European and local Moroccan staff and we have been living in and travelling across Morocco since…
Why Sun Trails ?
- Private flight to Sahara in a small plane and a 4x4 transfer to a luxury camp. You are in Marrakech for a few days. You’d love to spend a night in the Sahara but are put off by the distance ? After all, if you have 3 days on your hands,…
Marrakech to Sahara by small plane