Marrakech – Zagora - Erg Chigaga – Taroudant: 4- 6 Days
A private tour from Marrakech to Sahara and Draa valley over 5 days.
Caravans Dust ( 4 - 6 days)
The itinerary follows the old caravan route from Marrakech into the Sahara’s dunes, returning via an off the beaten track route over the majestic Atlas Mountains or by the Atlantic coast via Agadir or Essaouira.
No other tour packs so much diversity in just 5 days as we take in breath taking wild nature and the local culture of the Berber, Jewish and Bedouin people.
Our route will take us past valleys, canyons, palm groves, lakes, rivers, woodlands and mountains. We will explore mysterious Ksours and kasbahs, Berber granaries and grottoes, have tea with the nomads in the Sahara, walk in the shade of palm leaves, cross the Sahara desert, uncover 12the century old Tinmel mosque and shed off the desert sand on the Atlantic coast.
Please find below the resumed itinerary ( driving times exclude stops ):
- Day 1: Marrakech – Tizi n Tichka – Telouet – Ait Benhaddou (4 hour drive).
- Day 2: Ait Benhaddou- Ouarzazate – Agdz – Zagora ( 3 hour drive).
- Day 3: Zagora – Tamegroute – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga dunes ( 3 hour drive).
- Day 4: Erg Chigaga – Lake Iriki – Foum Zguid – Tazenakht – Taroudant ( 7 hour drive).
- Day 5: Taroudant – Agadir – Marrakech/ Essaouira ( 4 hour drive).
Most of our guests prefer adding an extra day to either allow for some relaxing time by the beach in Essaouira or trekking in the Atlas Mountains. We can also break the distance in two on Day 4 if you think the drive is too long. If you prefer to spend more time in the Sahara dunes, we suggest reversing the order of the tour. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
Feel free to let us know if you would like to include a site/ activity of your own in the itinerary. If you don’t know where to start some ideas are:
- organic honey tasting experience at a 500 year old apiary;
- visit the nomad grottos;
- cooking a meal with a local family and shopping for ingredients in a local souk;
- the architectural genius of century- old Anti Atlas granaries;
- take a class in Moroccan pottery or make slippers;
- trekking/ mountain biking in the High Atlas/ Anti Atlas;
- bake bread in the village oven on almond corks.
Bellow you will find our tentative rates ( no two itineraries are similar ) based on two persons traveling together, with the relevant accommodation option. For discounted rates, we invite you to book off season. 1 % of our revenues are donated towards social causes in Morocco.
Dreamers: 1050 US $/ 975 €/ 870 £ per person ( double room & comfort desert tent);
Privilege: 1480 US $/ 1365 €/ 1210 £ per person ( suite & luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing can vary at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside NYE holidays), February, June, July and August, you will enjoy our low season rates. An exact rate will be offered once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation range preferred and any extras you would like to include. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our rates include:
– private use of the English fluent driver-guide and modern air-conditioned Toyota 4×4;
– boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 3 nights;
– Sahara camel trek & private basic/ luxury tent for 1 night;
– 4 three- course- meal dinners and 4 breakfasts for 2 persons;
– airport or hotel pick- up and drop off;
– caleche ride and/ or visit to the souks in Taroudant;
– refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
– admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
– 24 hours travel assistance ( with Privilege/ Divine option);
– gasoline and highway tolls;
– transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
WHY SHOULD YOU BOOK WITH US
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round. We present these on our blog, Facebook and Instagram pages. And only a travel agent based in Morocco can keep you up to date with latest travel restrictions within Morocco or how to get the fastest PCR test;
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are unique: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family;
# we accept payments by credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and, in the near future, alternative coins;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your unique Morocco tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.