A private tour from Marrakech to Sahara and Draa valley over 5 days.
Caravans Dust ( 5 - 7 days)
Our most off the beaten track and unique Moroccan itinerary, among our shorter ones.
The 5 day itinerary follows the old caravan route from Marrakech into the Sahara dunes, returning via an off the beaten track route over the majestic Atlas Mountains or by the Atlantic coast via Agadir or Essaouira. No other tour packs so much diversity in just 5 days as we explore untamed, wild nature and the local culture of the Berber, Jewish and Bedouin people. Our route will take us past the Draa valley, Biblical villages, lush palm groves, rock engravings, woodlands, desert oases and mountain ranges. We will explore mysterious Ksours and kasbahs, century old Berber granaries, bake bread with the locals, shape clay into pottery at Tamegroute, have tea with the nomads in the Sahara, cross Erg Chigaga dunes, pluck out fossils and shed off the desert sand on the Atlantic coast, to name a few.
Below you will find the resumed version of this 5 day Morocco itinerary:
- Day 1: Marrakech – Telouet – Ait Benhaddou – Agdz (5 hour drive).
- Day 2: Agdz – Zagora – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga ( 5 hour drive).
- Day 3: Erg Chigaga – Lake Iriki – Foum Zguid ( 3 hour drive).
- Day 4: Foum Zguid – Ighrem – Taroudant ( 4 hour drive).
- Day 5: Taroudant – Marrakech/ Essaouira ( 3 hour drive).
* We advise adding an extra day if traveling between November and March to compensate for the early sunsets;
Most of our guests prefer adding an extra day to either allow for some relaxing time by the beach in Essaouira or trekking in the Atlas Mountains. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
Some of Morocco’s hidden gems and experiences on this private tour can be:
- organic honey tasting experience at a 500 year old apiary;
- visit the nomad grottos;
- cooking a meal with a local family and shopping for ingredients in a local souk;
- the architectural genius of century- old Anti Atlas granaries;
- take a class in Moroccan pottery or make slippers;
- trekking/ mountain biking in the High Atlas/ Anti Atlas;
- bake bread in the adobe oven with the village ladies;
- uncover the rock engravings of Djebel Bani;
How much a 5 day Morocco tour costs ?
Bellow you will find our tentative rates ( no two itineraries are similar ) based on two persons traveling together, with the relevant accommodation option. For discounted rates, we invite you to book off season. 1 % of our revenues are donated towards social causes in Morocco.
Dreamers: 1050 US $/ 975 €/ 870 £ per person ( double room & comfort desert tent);
Privilege: 1480 US $/ 1365 €/ 1210 £ per person ( suite & luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing can vary at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside NYE holidays), February, June, July and August, you will enjoy our low season rates. An exact rate will be offered once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation range preferred and any extras you would like to include. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our rates for such a 5 day itinerary include:
– private use of the English fluent driver-guide and modern air-conditioned Toyota 4×4;
– boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 3 nights;
– Sahara camel trek & private basic/ luxury tent for 1 night;
– 4 three- course- meal dinners and 4 breakfasts for 2 persons;
– bake bread with the village ladies;
– airport or hotel pick- up and drop off;
– caleche ride around the 16th century old Taroudant;
– refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
– admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
– 24 hours travel assistance ( with Privilege/ Divine option);
– gasoline and highway tolls;
– transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
WHY SHOULD YOU BOOK WITH US THIS 5 DAY MOROCCO ITINERARY:
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round. We present these on our blog and Instagram pages. And only an agent based in Morocco can keep up with the latest travel advice or restaurant openings;
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are unique: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family, on site restoration of century old granaries;
# we accept payments by credit card, bank transfer and, starting in 2023, select cryptocurrencies;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Whatsapp/ Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your unique Morocco tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.
Loved it ? Share It !
UPDATE 2023: When you book a private Morocco tour, you support what makes Morocco unique.