a Morocco Private Tour over 2 weeks: comprehensive and Tailor made
SALT AND ALL THAT GLITTERS ( 13 - 16 days)
Blending off-the-beaten-track with best places Morocco has to offer.
This Morocco private tour trails some of the ancient caravans route. We start off with Casablanca and Rabat to then awe at the Roman heritage in Volubilis or the blue- washed picturesque of Chefchaouen. After a stop in Fez, we visit coveted Marrakech, the city of the 7 saints. We then cross the High Atlas and head south.
Our route will take us past the Draa valley, Biblical villages, lush palm groves, rock engravings, woodlands, desert oases and mountain ranges. Explore mysterious ksours and kasbahs, bake bread with the locals, shape clay into pottery at Tamegroute, have tea with the nomads, camp in the Erg Chigaga dunes and pluck out fossils. We will drive across the Sahara to come out on the other side and venture into unknown Morocco.
Here it’s all about local encounters ( and century old granaries). We cross the Anti Atlas to reach Taroudant, the ‘little Marrakech’ and then follow the Atlantic coast along deserted beaches and turquoise waters and unveil the unique architecture and farniente of Essaouira or to-die-for sea food of Oualidia. With a tour this length, the pace is carefully balanced and ample time for relaxing and leisure has to be accounted for. The myriad of landscapes is only matched by the diversity of cultures and their heritage.
Below you will find the resumed version of this 2 week Morocco tour :
- Day 1: Casablanca/ Rabat – Volubilis/ Meknes – Fez ( 2/ 3 hour drive*).
- Day 2: Fez – visit of the city with a local guide ( no driving).
- Day 3: Fez. Leisure time, cooking class or sightseeing.
- Day 4: Fez – Azrou – Beni Mellal – Ouzoud falls – Marrakech ( 8 hour drive) or Fes- Marrakech ( 1 hour internal flight);
- Day 5: Marrakech – visit of the city with local guide.
- Day 6: Marrakech – leisure time, crafts lesson or cooking class.
- Day 7: Marrakech – Telouet – Ait Benhaddou – Agdz ( 5 hour drive).
- Day 8: Agdz – Zagora – Mhamid – Erg Chigaga ( 5 hour drive).
- Day 9: Erg Chigaga – Iriki – Foum Zguid ( 3 hour and a half drive).
- Day 10: Foum Zguid – Tata – Ighrem – Taroudant ( 4 hour drive).
- Day 11: Taroudant – relaxing day ( no driving) or trekking.
- Day 12: Taroudant – Taghazout/ Chichaoua – Essaouira ( 4 hour drive).
- Day 13: Essaouira – Oualidia – El Jadida ( 4 hour drive).
- Day 14: El Jadida – Casablanca airport ( 1 hour drive). End of the tour.
* driving times don’t include the stops along the way.
Please remember that this is merely a sample itinerary. What we excel at is crafting a tailor made itinerary around your preferences and schedule. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs. Feel free to let us know if you would like to include a site/ activity of your own in the itinerary.
Some of Morocco’s hidden gems and experiences on this private tour can be:
- visit of a 500 year old apiary and honey tasting;
- visit of Bronze- Age rock engravings and century old granaries;
- trekking in the High Atlas/ Anti Atlas with a local guide;
- wine tasting and lunch at a wine domain next to Essaouira;
- bake pie with the village ladies in the Draa Valley;
- tour the palm grove and find out about the adobe architecture, community customs and holidays, village markets ;
- hot air balloon over Marrakech and Palmeraie;
- cook a Moroccan meal with a local family and shop for ingredients inside the medina;
- take a class in Moroccan zellij/ tadelakt/ slippers or Arab caligraphy;
- lunch inside a Berber home or at Richard Branson’s Kasbah Tamadot;
- learn how the argan oil is extracted in a local Berber cooperative;
- wind surf or surf on a wild beach on the Atlantic coast.
How much a 2 week Morocco tour costs ?
Bellow you will find our tentative rates ( no two itineraries are similar ) based on two persons traveling together, with the relevant accommodation option. For discounted rates, we invite you to book off season. 1 % of our revenues are donated towards social causes in Morocco.
Dreamers: 2995 US $/ 2565 €/ 2455 £ per person ( double room & comfort desert tent);
Privilege: 4285 US $/ 3960 €/ 3515 £ per person ( suite & luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing can vary at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside NYE holidays), February, June, July and August, you will enjoy our low season rates. An exact rate will be offered once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation range preferred and any extras you would like to include. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
What a 2 week itinerary rates include:
- private use of English fluent driver-guide and modern air-conditioned Toyota 4×4;
- boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 12 nights;
- desert camp private basic / luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet for 1 night;
- 9 three course meal dinners and 13 breakfasts for 2 persons; airport or hotel pickup and drop-off;
- private guided visit of Fez with local official guide;
- private guided visit of Marrakech;
- private guided visit of a palm grove with local guide or guided trek in the gorges/ High Atlas;
- refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
- local English speaking guides;
- admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
- 24 hour travel assistance ( with Privilege and Divine option);
- gasoline and highway tolls;
- transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
WHY BOOK WITH US THIS PRIVATE TOUR IN MOROCCO ?
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round. We present these on our blog and Instagram pages. And only a travel agent based in Morocco can keep you up to date with latest travel advice or the best hammams in Marrakech;
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are exclusive: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family;
# we accept payments by credit card, bank transfer and starting 2023, select cryptocurrencies;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your unique Morocco tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.