A 3 day private tour from Marrakech to Sahara desert and back.
Oases and palm groves ( 3 - 4 days)
The briefest Morocco desert itinerary for those short on time.
Our itinerary crosses the High Atlas at 2300 meters high, visits UNESCO world site Ait Benhaddou, the Kasbahs of the south, the Biblical adobe villages, serpents along mythical Draa Valley, stops by the oasis, walks through the palmgroves, deciphers century old Qoran’s and Arab treaties, bakes emerald pottery at Tamegroute, uncovers honey- combed ksours, rides a camel into the Sahara, sleeps in the desert under the starriest sky, awes at the extravagant Pasha’s residence – all highlights of a short, bespoke trip of Morocco.
The Resumed Version Of This 3 day desert tour
- Day 1: Marrakech- Telouet- Ait Benhaddou- Ouarzazate- Agdz ( 5 hour drive).
- Day 2: Agdz- Zagora- Erg Lihoudi/ Erg Chigaga ( 5 hour drive)
- Day 3: Erg Chigaga – Foum Zguid – Tazenakht – Marrakech ( 10 hour drive).
You may choose to follow the original private tour from Marrakech itinerary as described on the website or have us create a tailor made itinerary around your preferences. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
Feel free to let us know if you would like to include a site/ activity of your own in the itinerary. If you don’t know where to start some ideas are:
- baking pie with the local ladies in the village oven;
- visit a traditional ksour and have lunch inside a local family’s home;
- pottery workshop class in Tamegroute;
- try and blend in at a village market.
How much does a 3 day Morocco desert tour cost ?
Below you will find our rates based on two persons travelling together, with the relevant accommodation option:
Dreamers: 490 €/ 540 US $/ 415 £ per person ( double room & private desert tent);
Privilege: 740 €/ 820 US $/ 625 £ per person ( junior suite & luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing is tentative and can vary slightly at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside end of the year holidays), February, July and August, you will be charged our low season rates. We can only quote an exact rate once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation option preferred, the extras you would like to include and the duration of the journey. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our 3 day desert itinerary rates include:
– private use of the English fluent driver- guide & modern air- conditioned Toyota 4×4;
– boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 1 night;
– Sahara camel trek and private double tent for 1 night;
– 2 three- course- meal dinners and 2 breakfasts for 2 persons;
– airport or hotel pick- up and drop- off;
– private visit of the palm grove with local guide;
– refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
– local English speaking guides;
– admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
– 24 hour travel assistance ( with Privilege and Divine accommodation);
– gasoline and transport insurance;
– VAT and visitors tax.
If you can add an extra day to the itinerary, you could thus avoid the long drive to Marrakech on the third day. If you can add two extra days ( 5 in total), our Caravans Dust tour continues on to Taroudant and the Atlantic coast before returning to Marrakech.
WHY BOOK WITH US THIS 3 DAY DESERT TOUR ?
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round. We present these on our blog and Instagram page. And only a travel agent based in Morocco can keep you up to date with latest travel advice in Morocco or the best hammams in Marrakech;
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are unique: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family;
# we accept payments by credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and, in the near future, alternative coins;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your unique Morocco tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.
Most of our guests prefer adding an extra day to either allow for some relaxing time by the beach in Essaouira or trekking in the Atlas Mountains.
Loved it ? Share It !
A 3 day private tour from Marrakech to Sahara desert and back. Oases and palm