A private tour of Morocco over 8 to 10 days.
Feathers, Ivory and Gold
A classic Morocco itinerary, with a twist or two.
Centuries ago, caravans laden with gold, ivory and feathers were delivering their loads at the sultan’s palace in Marrakech and Fes after weeks of crossing the Sahara. This Morocco tour follows some of the ancient route but before that, we start off with Casablanca and Rabat to then witness the splendor of the Roman heritage at Volubilis. After a stop in Fez, we cross Middle Atlas and lush countryside to reach the Sahara.
From here, we uncover mysterious adobe honey-comb ksours and their wells of light, trek in the Dades gorges or explore lush palm groves.
We then cross the High Atlas and end our tour in sensual Marrakech. The itinerary can start/ end in Marrakech/ Casablanca or be done in reverse order. If you can add an extra night, it would be best spent in Chefchaouen, Fes or Skoura.
Please find below the resumed itinerary (driving times don’t include stops):
- Day 1: Casablanca – Rabat ( 1 hour and a half drive).
- Day 2: Rabat – Meknes – Volubilis – Fes ( 3 hour drive).
- Day 3: Fes – visit of the city with local guide ( no driving).
- Day 4: Fes – Ifrane – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi ( 7 hour drive).
- Day 5: Erg Chebbi – Rissani – Todra Gorges – Tinerir – Dades/ Skoura (4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 6: Dades/ Skoura – Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou – Telouet – Marrakech ( 4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 7: Marrakech – visit of the city with local guide ( no driving)/ cooking class/ trekking.
- Day 8: Marrakech or Marrakech – Casablanca (2 hour and a half drive). Visit of the gardens/ leisure time.
You may choose to follow the original tour itinerary as described on the website or have us create a tailor made itinerary around your preferences. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
Feel free to let us know if you would like to include a site/ activity of your own in the itinerary. If you don’t know where to start some ideas are:
– visit the nomad grottos and Berber granary;
– learn about life in the palm grove, the khetarra irrigations, the pottery craft, the olive oil press. Visit a village market;
– hot air balloon flight over Marrakech and its surroundings;
– cooking with a local family and shopping for ingredients in the medina;
– crafts classes including babouche ( slippers) making/ tadelakt/ zellij or Arab caligraphy;
– traditional Moroccan hammam ( steam bath) with eucalyptus soap body scrub;
– lunch inside a Berber home or Richard Branson’s Atlas Mountains retreat;
– bake bread on almond corks in the village earth oven;
– trekking/ hiking in Dades Gorge or the High Atlas mountains.
Bellow you will find our tentative rates ( no two itineraries are similar ) based on two persons traveling together, with the relevant accommodation option. For discounted rates, we invite you to book off season. 1 % of our revenues are donated towards social causes in Morocco.
Dreamers: 1800 US $/ 1650 €/ 1195 £ per person ( double room & basic desert tent);
Privilege: 2440 US $/ 2245 €/ 1990 £ per person ( junior suite & comfort tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing can vary at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside NYE holidays), February, June, July and August, you will enjoy our low season rates. An exact rate will be offered once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation range preferred and any extras you would like to include. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our rates include:
– private use of the English fluent driver- guide and the modern air- conditioned Toyota 4×4;
– boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 6 nights;
– Sahara camel trek and private basic or luxury tent for 1 night;
– 5 three- course- meal dinners and 7 breakfasts for 2 persons;
– private guided visit of Rabat with local university teacher;
– private guided visit of Fez with official English speaking guide;
– private guided visit of Marrakech;
– refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
– local English speaking guides;
– admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
– 24 hours travel assistance with Privilege and Divine level;
– gasoline and highway tolls;
– transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
WHY SHOULD YOU BOOK WITH US
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round. We present these on our blog, Facebook and Instagram pages. And only a travel agent based in Morocco can keep you up to date with latest travel restrictions within Morocco or how to get the fastest PCR test;
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are unique: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family;
# we accept payments by credit card, PayPal, bank transfer and, in the near future, alternative coins;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your unique Morocco tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.
Loved it ? Share It !
In 2013, we started supporting the education of the young girls in rural Morocco. Every