A private tour of Morocco over 8 to 10 days.
Feathers, Ivory and Gold ( 7 - 9 days)
A classic 8 day Morocco itinerary, with a twist or two.
Centuries ago, caravans laden with gold, ivory and feathers were delivering their loads at the sultan’s palace in Marrakech and Fes after weeks of crossing the Sahara. This Morocco private tour trails some of that ancient route but before that, we start off with Casablanca and Rabat to then witness the splendor of the Roman heritage at Volubilis or the blue- washed exuberance of Chefchaouen. After a stop in Fez, we cross Middle Atlas and lush countryside to reach the Sahara desert camps.
From here, we uncover mysterious adobe honey-comb ksours and their wells of light, trek in the Dades gorges, roam village markets, lunch with a local family or explore lush palm groves. We then cross the High Atlas and end our tour in sensual Marrakech. The 8 day Morocco itinerary can start/ end in Marrakech/ Casablanca or be done in reverse order to suit your schedule. An extra day or two come handy if traveling in winter or with children.
Below you will find the resumed version of this 8 day Morocco itinerary:
- Day 1: Casablanca – Rabat ( 1 hour and a half drive*).
- Day 2: Rabat – Meknes – Volubilis – Fes ( 3 hour drive).
- Day 3: Fes – visit of the city with local guide ( no driving).
- Day 4: Fes – Ifrane – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi ( 7 hour drive).
- Day 5: Erg Chebbi – Rissani – Todra Gorges – Tinerir – Dades/ Skoura (4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 6: Dades/ Skoura – Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou – Telouet – Marrakech ( 4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 7: Marrakech – visit of the city with local guide ( no driving)/ cooking class/ crafts.
- Day 8: Marrakech or Marrakech – Casablanca (2 hour and a half drive). Visit of the gardens/ leisure time.
* driving times don’t include stops.
You may choose to follow the original 8 day Morocco private tour itinerary as described on the website or have us create a tailor made itinerary around your preferences. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
Some Of Morocco’s Hidden Gems And Experiences On This Private Tour Can Be:
– visit the nomad grottos and Berber granary;
– learn about life in the palm grove, the khetarra irrigations, the pottery craft, the olive oil press. Visit a village market;
– hot air balloon flight over Marrakech and its surroundings;
– cooking with a local family and shopping for ingredients in the medina;
– crafts classes including babouche ( slippers) making/ tadelakt/ zellij or Arab caligraphy;
– traditional Moroccan hammam ( steam bath) with eucalyptus soap body scrub;
– lunch inside a Berber home or Richard Branson’s Atlas Mountains retreat;
– bake bread on almond corks in the village earth oven;
– trekking/ hiking in Dades Gorge or the High Atlas mountains.
How much an 8 day Morocco private tour costs ?
Bellow you will find our tentative rates of this private tour in Morocco ( no two itineraries are similar ) based on two persons traveling together, with the relevant accommodation option. For discounted rates, we invite you to book off season. 1 % of our revenues are donated towards social causes in Morocco.
Dreamers: 1800 US $/ 1650 €/ 1195 £ per person ( double room & basic desert tent);
Privilege: 2440 US $/ 2245 €/ 1990 £ per person ( junior suite & comfort tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing can vary at different times of the year. If you book your private tour of Morocco to take place in December, January ( outside NYE holidays), February, June, July and August, you will enjoy our low season rates. An exact rate will be offered once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation range preferred and any extras you would like to include. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our rates for such an 8 day Morocco tour include:
– private use of the English fluent driver- guide and the modern air- conditioned Toyota 4×4;
– boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 6 nights;
– Sahara camel trek and private basic/comfort/ luxury tent for 1 night;
– 5 three- course- meal dinners and 7 breakfasts;
– private guided visit of Rabat with local university teacher;
– private guided visit of Fez with official English speaking guide;
– private guided visit of Marrakech with official English speaking guide;
– refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
– local English speaking guides;
– admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
– 24 hours travel assistance with Privilege and Divine level;
– gasoline and highway tolls;
– transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
WHY SHOULD YOU BOOK WITH US THIS 8 DAY MOROCCO ITINERARY:
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round. We present these on our blog and Instagram pages. And only an agent based in Morocco can keep up with the latest travel advice or restaurant openings;
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are exclusive: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family, on site restoration of century old granaries;
# we accept payments by credit card, bank transfer and, starting 2023, select cryptocurrencies;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Whatsapp/ Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your Morocco private guided tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.