A Morocco private tour over 10 to 12 days: imperial cities, the Sahara & Atlantic coast.
Land of the Setting Sun ( 10- 12 days)
A classical Morocco itinerary including off-the-beaten-track sites & experiences.
Centuries ago, caravans laden with gold, ivory and feathers were delivering their loads at the sultan’s palace in Marrakech and Fes after weeks of crossing the Sahara. This Morocco private tour trails some of that ancient route but before that, we start off with Casablanca and Rabat to then witness the splendor of the Roman heritage at Volubilis or the blue- washed charm of Chefchaouen. After a stop in Fez, we cross Middle Atlas to reach the Sahara desert camps.
From here, we uncover mysterious adobe honey-comb ksours , trek in the Dades gorges or explore lush palm groves. We then cross the High Atlas and arrive in Marrakech.
After a day in the maze of its souks and palaces, what better choice then to shed off the dust in Essaouira, on the Atlantic coast, where gnawa music fills the air ?
Are you traveling with children or want a slower pace ? Feel free to add an extra day or more. The blue washed Chefchaouen is also worth adding to the itinerary, if you can.
Please find below the resumed version of this 10 day Morocco itinerary:
- Day 1: Casablanca – Rabat ( 1 hour and a half drive*).
- Day 2: Rabat – Meknes / Volubilis – Fez ( 2- 3 hour drive).
- Day 3: Fez – visit of the city with a local guide ( no driving).
- Day 4: Fez – leisure time, visit of the city or the surrounding countryside.
- Day 5: Fes – Ifrane – Midelt – Erfoud – Merzouga – Erg Chebbi ( 7 hour drive).
- Day 6: Erg Chebbi – Rissani – Todra Gorges – Tinerir – Dades/ Skoura (4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 7: Dades/ Skoura – Ouarzazate – Ait Benhaddou – Telouet – Marrakech ( 4- 5 hour drive).
- Day 8 : Marrakech – visit of the city with local guide ( no driving).
- Day 9 : Marrakech – Essaouira ( 2 and a half hour drive).
- Day 10: Essaouira – Casablanca ( 4 hour drive). Drop off at the airport.
*driving times don’t include the stops along the way.
You may choose to follow the original 10 day Morocco private tour itinerary as described on the website or have us create a tailor made itinerary around your preferences. Please note that all our tours of Morocco are private and daily stops are accommodated along the way every couple of hours for you to visit a site, take a stunning photo or stretch your legs.
Some Of Morocco’s Hidden Gems And Experiences On This Private Tour Can Be:
- learn about life in the palm grove, the khetarra irrigations, the pottery craft, the olive oil press. Visit a village market;
- hot air balloon flight over Marrakech and its surroundings;
- wine tasting and lunch at a wine domain in Essaouira;
- cooking your own tagine with a local family with visit of the markets and district bakeries;
- traditional Moroccan hammam ( steam bath) with eucalyptus soap body scrub;
- lunch inside a Berber home with a family;
- discover prehistoric rock engravings, have tea with the nomads. Pry out fossils;
- buggy riding or sand boarding in the dunes;
- guided trek/ hike in Dades Gorge/ High Atlas.
How much a 10 day Morocco Private Tour costs ?
Bellow you will find our tentative rates ( no two itineraries are similar ) based on two persons traveling together, with the relevant accommodation option. For discounted rates, we invite you to book off season. 1 % of our revenues are donated towards social causes in Morocco.
Dreamers: 2250 US $/ 2080 €/ 1845 £ per person ( double room & comfort desert tent);
Privilege: 3045 US $/ 2810 €/ 2495 £ per person ( suite & luxury tent with en suite shower and toilet);
Divine: price available on request.
Our portfolio accommodations do not fit into a rigorous star rating system, so we have named them Dreamers, Privilege and Divine, to best resume their nature. To ensure availability, we recommend booking at least 3-4 months in advance.
Pricing can vary at different times of the year. If you book your tour to take place in December, January ( outside NYE holidays), February, June, July and August, you will enjoy our low season rates. An exact rate will be offered once we have agreed on the precise itinerary, accommodation range preferred and any extras you would like to include. Discounts apply when 3 or more persons share the vehicle(s). You can also choose to mix different accommodation ranges within the same circuit.
Our Rates For Such A 10 Day Morocco Tour Include:
- private use of English fluent driver- guide and modern air- conditioned Toyota 4×4;
- boutique/ luxury hotel accommodation for 8 nights;
- Sahara camel trek and private comfort / luxury tent for 1 night;
- 6 three- course- meal dinners and 9 breakfasts for 2 persons;
- airport or hotel pick- up and drop- off;
- private guided visit of Fez with local official guide;
- private guided visit of Marrakech;
- refreshing drinks inside the vehicle all along the itinerary;
- local English speaking guides;
- admission fees to all local sites and attractions;
- 24 hour travel assistance ( available with Privilege and Divine options);
- gasoline and highway tolls;
- transport insurance, VAT and visitors tax.
WHY SHOULD YOU BOOK THIS 10 DAY MOROCCO TOUR WITH US:
# We are based in Morocco since 2006 and no, we don’t work from home :). We scout for the most unique sites & local experiences all year round and we document it on our blog and Instagram page. And only a travel agent based in Morocco can keep you up to date with latest Morocco travel advice or the latest restaurant openings in Marrakech.
# We anonymously test, hand- pick and continuously update the best boutique and luxury hotels, Riads , eco lodges and Kasbahs across Morocco;
# We strive to bring you most authentic experiences. Some of them are exclusive: private flight to the Sahara; visit of a medina with a local university teacher; mechoui with a nomad family;
# we accept payments by credit card, bank transfer and, starting 2023, select cryptocurrencies;
# we are on hand 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, before and during your tour, by email, phone or Skype/ Zoom.
Ready to create your unique Morocco tour? Get in touch here with our on- the- ground team in Morocco.